Thursday, January 13, 2011

2011 Will Be a Wild Ride! *Crossing Fingers!*

This new year finds me very motivated, but overwhelmingly so.  I want to do too many things, so much so that I'll probably end up doing none of them!  Well, OK, some of them.  I really need to work on inventory, blog at increased frequency, finish painting the living room...and instead, I want to draw, or make a sketchbook, or learn to make a mold for casting, or design t-shirts, or learn needle felting...

Sigh.  When it rains, it pours!  Didn't I just complain a month or so ago that I was drawing a blank creatively?  LOL!

I have a feeling this is going to be an interesting year, in terms of my artistic side, which has gone ignored for many, many years.  Many people in my life don't know that for the first 25 years of my life, I identified myself as an artist.  I painted, drew (oh how I loved to draw!), even went to school and got a degree in art. Also interested in the history of art, I immersed myself in studies and got a degree in that too.  Except when I became an art historian, somehow the artist part of me disappeared.  I'm not sure why.  Granted, I had a new circle of friends, friends who had only known me as the latter, and the world of painting and drawing seemed to fade into the distance, almost like a dream.  I lost some of my visual and technical skills, which was frustrating, and not really encouraging to my inner artist.

But a few years ago, I had a realization, maybe a re-awakening?  I really miss doing all that fun stuff!!!  So this year, yes I 'm going to work at rekindling that artistic side, and I hope to bring you along for the ride.  I'm a poet, and didn't know it!  JK.

Yea for Creativity!

Nugget

No comments:

Post a Comment